Since 2006, family owned and operated Greater Michigan Mover has been helping both residential and commercial owners move.
With our affordable costs and fully insured and bonded staff and trucks,
We’re the perfect choice for your moving needs.
Your local, professional moving service
Since 2006, Greater Michigan Mover has been helping the residents and businesses in the Coldwater area move into their dream homes and offices. Put your trust in us before ever starting your packing yourself.
We are fully licensed and insured for your protection. All our services are fully guaranteed and you can be assured you'll get them at a price you can afford.
We make it easy to prepare for your big move!
With nearly 10 years of experience in the moving industry, family owned and operated Greater Michigan Mover knows the ins and outs of preparing for your big move.
Whether it's across the street or across the country, the same rules apply! Follow our moving check list instructions and make your next move smooth and enjoyable.
- Reserve a moving company for your move as soon as you know you are moving
- Purchase moving boxes and necessary packing supplies
- Start to clean out closets, the garage and attic
- Host a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity
- Arrange to transfer school records
- Get change of address cards from your local post office
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs, and all other organizations of your change of address
- If possible, get owner's manuals for appliances in your new home
Make a "survival closet" of things you will need for the final clean-up and include a snack for the last day.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all the moving boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of each moving box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water, and the telephone. Don't disconnect the phone until after your move.
- Arrange for refunds that are due, and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance, and any other services you receive.
Mail in your change of address forms.
- Clean the stove.
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get enough cash to tide you over.
- Say goodbye to your neighbors!